Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Immaculate Infection

I wasn't surprised by the recent news item that reported a study showing 1 in 4 teenage females between the ages of 14 and 19 have a sexually transmitted disease.

I wasn't surprised by the apparent fact that the rates of STD infection are highest among African-Americans and Mexican-Americans.

What surprised me was that the majority of the female subjects with STDs in the study denied ever having sex!

Apparently 1 in 4 teenagers have an STD, but 1 in 2 suffer extreme denial! Might be how they come by the STD in the first place.

4 comments:

Patrick Bageant said...

heh! immaculate infection.

Wish I had thought of that . . . maybe I can steal it (with attribute?)

Opine-ER RN said...

Steal away (with attribute)! Given the feigned ignorance of the subjects, I sensed the comparison was obvious. Whether you are impregnated with the lord or just a nasty, life-threatening disease (synonymous?) best just to flat out say you didn't know. That's what politicians do.

Barn Dweller said...

You're so funny!

visit adamjohn said...

Alcohol abuse affects millions. This site has a lot of useful information.Alcohol Abuse